Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 77: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps followed by Ab Ripper X

Today was a bit different. I had never actually done this routine before. Because I'm missing the disc for this workout, I had substituted for it last time.

I was able to track down a rundown of the moves as well as a description for everything online. So, I just cranked up the tunes and went down the list doing max reps for every move.

This was definitely a challenging set and I thoroughly sweat through my clothes on this one.

Some of the more difficult moves were the clapping push-ups and the 1 arm push-ups. I was able to do about 6 clapping push-ups and an additional 10 of just pushing up hard enough to leave the ground. Back in the day I was able to actually clap behind my head while doing push-ups.

The arm push-ups proved to be too much for my wrists. I really need to build up my wrist strength as that has always been a weak area. Had it not been for my wrists, I probably could have done at least 6 one-arm push-ups. Heck, I remember a time where I could do fingertip and 2 finger push-ups. I had a lot less weight to support though.

The routine finished with "Dumbbell Cross Body Blows". You put one leg back and squat a bit holding weights in both hands. Then you twist back and forth and deliver punches to the lower body back and forth. I thought that was a fantastic finish. It reminded me of my heavy training days in taekwondo where you would wear yourself out and then start the fight while you were exhausted. It was great training for that final minute of match when you really have to dig deep and out perform your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment