Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 90: Rest - HELL NO!

Well, today was the final day of P90X. It should be a rest day. Not today. Like I said, I really wanted to push myself on my last day of P90 with a run.

If you remember, back in June I couldn't run 1 mile without stopping to walk. Slowly but surely I worked my way up to 3 mile runs and from there 5 mile runs.

On day 75 I hit a personal high with 6.5 miles. Today I decided that 10 miles would probably be too ambitious so I mapped out an 8.5 mile run for myself.

Unfortunately, I missed a turn or wrote down the wrong street and had to add an extra 12 blocks to my run. Then, after hour into my run I realized my phone fell out of my pocket. I had to back track about a mile to find.

When all was said and done, I ran 12 miles. 12 freaking miles. Nearly a 1/2 marathon. Best yet, I did it in 2 hours. Not too shabby for a guy who couldn't run a mile a few months ago. I thought I was going to collapse when I got home. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment