Monday, October 19, 2009

The Aftermath

Stupid stress fracture.

Yep, it looks like that 12-mile run cost me. About 36 hours after that run, walking became extremely painful on my right foot. I thought it was my tendonitis flaring up but the normal routine of ice and ibuprofen did nothing to alleviate the pain.

So now I'm in a special show for the next few weeks as I try to avoid heavy impact on my foot. Needless to say, this has made working out a bit tougher. No kenpo, no heavy bag and definitely no plyo. I've just been focusing on the upper body routines and ab work.

I've only got in 2 workouts since finishing P90X which is less than I had hoped. I really need to work at getting in 3-4. I maintaining weight though and actually lost some more. The other day I actually weighed 173 lbs. I seem to fluctuate daily between 174 & 177 lbs.

Once the foot heals up, I should be able to work out harder again and try for 170.

No comments:

Post a Comment